While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Home of the Hills

My new home is Lancaster Ohio! It is the first place I have seen in Ohio that has not been incredibly flat haha. It is a great place and I love it already. The people here are so loving and feel like family, a lot like how Piqua felt so I think I am going to do just fine here :)


My new companion is the wonderful Sister Clark! Honestly, I have never met someone more loving. She is so sweet and kind and SO funny! She is taking good care of me and we have already had some great adventures together!
One of my favorite things happened the first night I was here. One of the first doors we knocked on was a great contact. We met an awesome guy who was interested in what we had to say, but in the middle of our conversation his cat bolted out of the door! So of course being the service oriented disciples of Christ we are, we helped him look for his cat. I'm pretty sure that's what Jesus would have done. We walked around in the dark for about half an hour with him with flashlights, and may or may not have been slinking through people's yards...that must have been an interesting picture. I am surprised no one called the police. Sadly we did not find his cat, but hopefully when we go back for his return appointment it will have come back. Service softens hearts!

This is our friend Starlee who greeted me upon my arrival.....It used to be an Elder's apartment and for some reason they got their hands on a deer and mounted it to the wall. It was just left there when it was no longer an Elders apartment, so it has since been Sister-fied haha.
 
 
Anywho, it has been fun getting to know all of our awesome investigators! We are teaching quite a few children which is really cool! On top of our normal missionary work, Sister Clark and I are serving as the Sister Training Leaders for our zone so we get to work closely with the other Sisters serving in our area! It has been awesome, and crazy, and a bit stressful. But definitely so rewarding already and I know that this is where the Lord needs me to be! And like I said last week, the Lord has felt everything we will ever feel and I know He is always right by my side to sustain me. And I am grateful, because I definitely need him every moment of the day.

I want to leave you with one of my favorite quotes by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
I read this everyday and it has been such a huge motivation for me!
We will be just fine as long as we love. Love the Lord, those around us and ourselves. It is the Love we have for Him that motivates us to keep trying. And because He loves us so perfectly, we can trust His guidance and believe that He will fulfill His promises. As we do these things we will grow to meet the tasks and challenges we face, with Heaven's help.
I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. He is mindful of each of us and always gives us exactly what we need, blessing and trial alike. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Just keep smiling!