While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I'll miss ya, Piqua!

My heart is in Piqua, Ohio. It's not a very big place, or exciting place and probably wouldn't stand out to most, but it is full of wonderful people with big hearts, fantastic memories of mine and holds my heart. It is a place I have come to call home and I am sad to leave it. But after being here for 7 and a half months it is probably time for a change of scenery and I am excited for more adventures! I'm not sure yet where I am going, but like always, I know it will be exactly where the Lord needs me.

The only thing that will be as hard for me to do as leaving Piqua is leaving Sister Holdaway. By now you have probably realized that I love her a lot, but I'm going to tell you again :) She is my sister and one of my best friends. We have gone through so many wonderful, and not so wonderful things together and we are different people than we were four and a half months ago. She is a fantastic missionary, very bold and loving and knows why she is here! AND she is going to be training a new missionary! My baby is all grown up :')

This week was a little different because I was sick! It was awful. Luckily though I have awesome people to take care of me when I'm too stubborn to take care of myself, like momma Saunders who made me take medicine and my dear companion who basically had to force me to stay inside one day. Despite what may seem like setbacks we still experienced miracles this week! And thanks to online tools we have been blessed with, we were still able to have many lessons over video call and Facebook! 
Do I really have to take the medicine?
Anyways, there wasn't much else exciting this week. 
I wanted to leave you with my testimony of the Savior. I love Him! And I know He loves each of us! I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that He has felt everything I have and will ever experience so that He knows how to comfort and help me. He is ready and waiting with open arms to lift us up, embrace us and steady us when we feel we can't stand on our own. I am grateful for this matchless gift He has given us which allows us to have heavens help in our lives. I urge you to ALWAYS call upon that help!

I love you all, just keep smiling!