While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

Who Needs Me Today?

Today I would like to talk about the word "help." By definition it is to give assistance, be of service, and improve the condition of. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Half of our whole purpose is to help those we meet. Everyday we find ways to render service and help them improve the quality of their lives by giving them the tools to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. What a fantastic calling!
Lately I feel that I am truly understanding what it means to help, to give of myself for the benefit of others. This greater understanding is something I am so grateful for, because as I learn how to have greater charity I better understand the perfect love our Father in Heaven has for each of us as His children. Charity is a divine quality and as we strive to develop it we will inevitably become more like Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I have never been happier, and I know without a doubt there is a direct correlation.

The reason there has been such a growth spurt for me in the development of this attribute is the insane number of people that the Lord has blessed us with to teach! We have been meeting so many prepared people, so many people who desire to make changes in their lives, who need what we have and know it. And it has been my pleasure to help them! Everyday that I have the chance to use capacity God has given me, and the greater capacity that He allows me to access, to help brings me true joy.

The highlight of my week was this Sunday, looking around me and seeing all the people that I love so dearly that we were able to help come to church. The purpose was not to have more numbers at church or any other trivial reason like that, but so they could come closer to their Savior by worshiping in the way He has directed and most importantly by partaking of the sacrament. I am so grateful to have such a singular and important purpose.

I know that as you go about your day with an attitude of "who needs me today?" God will lead you exactly where you are meant to be, to exactly the person who needs the help only you can give. 

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Just keep smiling!