While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Anything But Just Another Week

Well, it's been another week. Life continues to move on. Just another ordinary week as a missionary, which honestly means it was anything but ordinary.
Every day is different, full of new people, singular experiences and miracles every moment.
This week I experienced something in Ohio I never imagined I would. A family from the Marshall islands and the Philippines invited us over for dinner and oh my goodness it was so good. I never imagined that the next time I would be able to eat that food would be on my mission in Ohio! haha 

Anyways, the work here in Piqua is still amazing. There are many people to teach and we find more people everyday!
Something that made this week exceptional though, and what I would like to talk about, is how perfectly God has organized His church. We recently lost our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson. What an amazing man. He is the definition of a disciple of Christ, full of love, serving the individual, and always following the guidance of the spirit. It is sad to see him go, but nothing interferes with the Lord's purposes. It amazes me how leadership in the church transfers so seamlessly, but most things directed by God usually amaze me. 
I have an unshakable testimony that God directs this church. The doctrine contained in it is true, and we can trust that because there is a prophet, a mouthpiece for he Lord, on the Earth. That prophet's name is Russell M. Nelson and I am excited to learn and serve under his direction.
I love Jesus Christ! I am grateful that He chose to be my Savior. He is my friend, my support, my teacher, my example. I am grateful to be His missionary to help others come closer to Him.

3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."
What a fantastic calling! I am grateful to have this commission, to have a living prophet to guide us there, and a Savior that allows us to receive that everlasting life!

Also, we just had the best day ever! We got to go to the temple with some of our favorite people :) I love the temple!

I love you all, just keep smiling!