While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2018

Whithersoever I Will

This week was amazing! I know I say that every week, but it truly was :) We were busy all week with exchanges, and we were blessed to spend a few days serving with the wonderful Sisters in our zone! I am so grateful to have opportunities so often to learn from their examples, they are all amazing, fun, consecrated missionaries! :)

We went on a hike with the Thompsons, they are amazing!

On exchanges with Sister Herrera earlier this week we met so many awesome people and she taught me a lot about following promptings and seizing the moment! We hadn't been able to get in contact with one of our new investigators so we stopped by his house. When we had first met him we just talked on the porch briefly, so this time when he immediately invited us in it took me a little by surprise. His wife was home and we were able to sit down with both of them and teach them the whole first lesson. It felt as if we were coming for a scheduled appointment. The two of us just jumped right in and were very unified in our teaching even though we had only been together a few hours. It was so cool! 
Later that evening we were walking up to knock on a door right as someone was getting dropped off. Honestly, we were still far enough away that I kind of wanted to wait until they got inside and then knock.  But Sister Herrera is fearless. she ran across the street and their yard and said hi to them. But ended up scaring her half to death, but it was a good icebreaker haha. She was so cool and when we told her we had an important message to share with her she said, "ok, shoot" and was very engaged as we taught her about the Restoration. It was such a miracle that we were in the right places at just the right time :)

Ok, I have a super awesome story for you, that I will probably not do justice but here we go! Well earlier this week Sister Clark introduced me to Tasty Made shakes, which are pretty great. A few days later we went back for dinner...and I was pretty embarrassed when we were helped by the same cashier as a few days before, who also remembered us. Well while we were there we found a new friend in this cashier and he asked us if we could connect on Facebook! So of course we did and we now have the opportunity to teach him more about the restored gospel! He is amazing and I know it was no coincidence that we went to Tasty Made twice this last week..... so never question a prompting, even if it is telling you to go eat fast food :)


I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost, for His continual guidance. This promise from the scriptures means a lot to me,
"Go your way whithersoever I will, and it shall be given you by the Comforter what you shall do and whither you shall go" (Doctrine and Covenants 31:11)
As we seek to do the Lord's will, then we will always be given guidance of where we should go and the things that we are meant to do. The key is that it is the Lord's will.  It is not what we want or what we think is a good idea that is important, even if it would accomplish good things. The most success will be found as we follow the plan the Lord has set. I am grateful that we are able to receive direct inspiration from He who knows all, who loves perfectly and wants nothing more than our eternal happiness. As we follow those promptings and do what the Lord desires for us, we will find joy :)
Have a great week! And just keep smiling :)