While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2018

We Brought It With Us

Well,  this week I experienced frozen rain for the first time! Thankfully, it happened while we were sleeping but it looked really awesome when we woke up! And scraping the huge layer of ice off our car was really fun :)
We also did some fun maneuvers when we got stuck in the snow on the side of the road. We were very proud of ourselves when we got out all by ourselves :) We made quite the mess though haha.
 

 

Another first for my mission was walking a dog yesterday! There is a woman that we visit occasionally and she mentioned that her dog needed a walk but her health keeps her from getting out as much as she used to so we offered to walk her dog! It was so much fun :)
 
 
We had a really cool experience with one of the youth in our ward. Last Sunday we had a really awesome discussion about how we can help the youth. Well after that lesson we saw Sydney in the hall and we got to talk to her. It turns out she has a friend she would like us to meet! AND that she would really like to go out with us. So she spent part of an evening with us and it was so perfect! She received inspiration that day at school that she needed to share a specific personal experience and she did and was able to connect with our investigator on a personal level because of similar things they have faced in their lives. She bore such powerful testimony and it was such a tender experience. Youth are the best!

This week our District Leader received the inspiration that we should each study our Patriarchal blessing. In case you don't know what that is, it is the greatest thing ever! It is a blessing you receive that is very sacred and personal to you.  It is recorded and written down so you can study it throughout your life. It contains warnings, instruction, information about yourself and insight into how God sees you. It is basically the road map for your life. As I have been studying it I have been able to better understand who I am in God's eyes and who I am meant to become, which has given me such great strength. Part of the assignment has been to share some of those strengths we find in ourselves with our companion, and it was incredible how much the love and unity in our companionship grew after that exercise. As Sister Clark listed to me her divine strengths I noticed that all of them were things I already see in her. It made me realize that those divine attributes and qualities aren't something we are trying to attain in this life, but they were brought here with us. 
 
 
We were someone before we came here, and the purpose of this life is to choose to be that amazing individual again. Our responsibility here is to choose Jesus Christ and His ways in this life so that those qualities can be refined, so we can become who God intends for us to be.
I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, God's plan of happiness for His children. I am grateful for the trials and tests that I face in this life because it is evidence that I am ready for more growth. Every difficult thing we face, that is met with a righteous choice on our part, leads us one step closer to being the person God is anxiously guiding us to become!

I love you all, just keep smiling :)