While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Happiness Is A Choice

THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING!!!! It was so FULL of miracles! But sadly I only have time for a few.


I went on exchanges with the amazing Sister Nielson this week! I love exchanges so much! It is so fun to get to spend time with so many other missionaries and we seem to always see crazy awesome miracles! The biggest miracle was probably that we saw everyone in our plans and had really great, meaningful contacts with all of them. That doesn't happen, ever, so we were very excited. We had a focus that day to use the Book of Mormon in every contact and the miracles from that were endless! The Book of Mormon will help us get nearer to God than any other book and I know that the people we talked to that day felt that. One man wasn't even interested in learning more himself, but because of the testimony we bore he recognized it was the word of God and could help people, so he is going to give it to someone who can use it. How awesome is that?!
 
 
Most of the miracles we experienced this week came from Facebook! I am so grateful for this amazing new tool that we have been given to reach so many more people. It is amazing how when we use this tool, guided by the spirit, we will be led to those prepared to receive the gospel. I have been directed to so many people this week who have posted questions and concerns that can be directly resolved by the Restoration, and others have seen my posts and because of their reactions we have been able to see who is open to the message we share. Because of our diligent efforts in trying to be more effective with this new tool, we have been blessed to make contact with so many prepared people, and have started teaching two of them! It truly amazes me how the work of the Lord is hastening in our day.

Honestly, this week has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have seen that the amount of stress experiences is proportional to the miracles and personal growth experienced as well, and this week was no exception. I am still getting used to my new role as a Sister Training Leader, but loving every minute of it. In life when we are given a hard task we could just sit down and wallow, wondering why me and accept that we are going to struggle, but I think it is amazing that in those moments if we look around we will see that God has given us resources that are always more numerous than the task ahead of us. I am so grateful that God has reminded me of my divine worth and potential in these unsure times for me. He reminds me of that every time I pray, read from the scriptures and choose to look outside of myself. He has also given me a wonderful companion who loves me and supports me. He has given me inspired leaders to guide me in the right direction, even though they may not know on a personal level how much I needed the counsel they gave. The resources are always infinitely more, I encourage each of you to look for them.
Theme for this week: 
*Happiness Is A Choice* 
That is something God has been trying to drill into my head this week, and unfortunately sometimes I am not the best listener. But we learn from out mistakes and keep on trying!  We can choose to be humble enough to accept the Lord's will and love it! That choice is the most important one I make in my day.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and when life gets you down, just keep smiling! Love you!