While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

He Shall Teach You All Things


This week was fantastic! I feel like we didn't do a whole lot though. Honestly lately, I feel like it's just God teaching our friends the things they need to know and we are lucky enough to be along for the ride.



Kerry is doing amazing! She is so excited and prepared for her baptism this Saturday! That's three days from now! In three days she will make essential, sacred covenants with her Father in Heaven. Since I last talked with you Kerry had her baptismal interview. I think I told you how powerful it was for us preparing her for that, and Elder Bagley felt that power as he was conducting the actual interview. He told us that it was the most incredible interview he has been able to be a part of. He shared with us one thing that she said. She told him that she would give up anything in her life if it meant she could partake of the sacrament weekly. I love Kerry. I am so excited for her testimony to grow and deepen even more moving forward.

Our other friend Gladys is still doing amazing :) honestly, she lights up my world. I adore her. This week we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ, which is to have faith, repent, be baptized and receive the holy ghost, and endure to the end. Then the next day she was able to attend a baptism, and the next day she attended church with us. She is amazing :) it's a wonder she doesn't get sick of us! Haha. But then we had another lesson with her this week and she had so many insights and thoughts, and experiences where she knew the spirit was teaching her and reminding her of things. All of her experiences this week linked together and they haven't been able to leave her mind. There are a few obstacles in her way, but she knows she is on the right path and is going strong! She inspires me.

Gladys

Like I said, I don't really think we have done anything. We have just been the vessels and provided opportunities for them to have spiritual experiences. I know that the Holy Ghost is the real teacher. And I am grateful for that. His witness is more powerful than anything that I could ever say or do on my own and it is how these friends I mentioned are experiencing true conversion. 

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:26-27)

Love you all, and just keep smiling.