While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Worth Of Souls Is Great




What a week! We have just seen so many miracles! There are a few families that we are teaching that I am just oh so excited about.

There is this cute little family we met recently and all the girls talk about is coming to church! Seriously, IT'S ALL THEY TALK ABOUT! We are so excited to have them there this Sunday :) and they are all reading the Book of Mormon together. It is just a beautiful picture, and I know that this is the best thing they will ever do as a family. I'm so happy to be able to teach them these amazing truths that will bring them so much happiness in life!


We met another woman lately that I am very excited to teach. She was standing outside waiting for the bus, and I'm glad she was because she said normally she would have just ran the other way. She currently doesn't have a belief in God because of some hard things she has experienced in her life. But by a miracle we were able to meet her and taught the Plan of Salvation to her. She said it would be amazing to know that there was someone out there who knew her perfectly the way we say Jesus Christ does. It really hit her and now she is doing her best to read the Book of Mormon  and said she would even say a prayer! It is amazing how simple and profound truths, like the Plan of Salvation, will help people make small but significant changes in their lives. I know she will never be the same because of it. I love being a missionary!

That leads me to something else I learned this week. Elder Nielson of the seventy came and visited our mission! It was amazing!!! As he and his wife were teaching us at zone conference, they stopped and said "Well, we didn't plan to talk about this, but I guess we need to" and by divine design they talked for a good long while about what it means to be a child of God, how we can understand our divine worth, and how important it is for us to remember that everyday. That is something my companion is helping to teach me right now, something that we are blessed to learn from the Plan of Salvation, and something that if truly understood will change our whole outlook on life. I urge each of you to get on your knees tonight and pray and ask God what he thinks of you. Spoiler alert, I already know the answer. He thinks the world of you! He wants you to succeed and cares about your every need.  
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" 
(Doctrine and Covenants 18:10)

I love you all, just keep smiling!