While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Greatest Battle We Will Ever Fight


I don't have a lot of time this week sadly, because I feel like this week was such a roller coaster. I was honestly very down at the beginning of thi
s week, but now life is looking good :) I don't really like who I was at the beginning of this week, but I am grateful for the lessons that I learned in the process of getting over all of that.
I learned two major things:
1) happiness is a choice
2) that choice is only possible because of Jesus Christ 

If you have read all of my posts you will notice that those are things I have claimed to learn before. Something else that I have learned from my mission is that life is a cycle. We literally learn the same lessons over and over again. Sometimes it's the same exact thing that we just can't get, so our Father in Heaven mercifully gives us more opportunities to get it right, and sometimes we are just prepared to learn a new part of that lesson. I feel like I have experienced both of those circumstances this week. 

Whatever life throws at you, just remember to keep moving forward. When you are doing a good thing you will inevitably receive just as strong of forces trying to push you backwards. Never forget though the strength of who is behind you. Do the Lord's work: serve others, love, forget about yourself, and be happy. The adversary will put untrue things in your head, roadblocks in your path and do anything he can to keep you from spreading good. In those moments, rely on Jesus Christ. He wants more than anything for you to succeed and if you do your part, just your small part to look to Him, you will receive Heavens help in your life and see miracles! This is the greatest battle we will ever fight, the battle for our own happiness, and with Jesus Christ we will always win.

I love you all, have a wonderful week! And just keep smiling!