While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Multitude of Tender Mercies

 
This week was jam packed, we were crazy busy and saw so many Tender Mercies! We started off the week with an exchange with my good friend Sister Norman :) She is in training and has that greenie fire :) She is so cool, and we met so many awesome people! I love when the weather starts to get warm (don't get your hopes up though because it snowed again later in the week...) One of the coolest people we met that day was Tina. She has a cute little family and as we talked with her and started teaching things began to sound familiar. She was excited to tell us that a few years ago she had actually met with missionaries! They lost contact because life got crazy, she doesn't remember a lot of what they taught but she does remember that it all made sense. How cool is that?! We went back for our return appointment and they are just so sweet! We found a real gem here in Lancaster. We even got to meet their pet pig! haha. I am so excited to teach their family :) It is such a tender mercy to meet people who are so prepared.
 
Exchanges with Sister Norman
Like I said, I love the warmer weather! This week we did our weekly planning outside at the park, and then we climbed mount pleasant and had the picnic we packed as we did our companion study at the top of mount pleasant (don't be fooled, it's really just a big hill. It sure is pretty though :) It is such a tender mercy to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather and God's creations.
 
View from Mount Pleasant

 
We had Another exchange this week! Party! It was with our Gahanna trio, I love those gals :) I had the opportunity to attend two baptisms that day! It was a very special experience to have the spirit witness to me two times in a row the same feeling of confirmation that this is true and that these amazing people truly did make a covenant with their Heavenly Father. One of the baptisms was in Hilliard, my first area. It was really fun to go back and visit almost a year after I had served there! How crazy is that?!
I also learned that day that I have an accent, not really sure where I picked it up or really what makes my speech different, but apparently it is! We had a lesson with one of their new investigators, probably one of the coolest lessons I have ever been a part of. He is from Africa and is English is pretty good but not 100%. Well as we were teaching he stopped us and said to the other sisters while he gestured at me, "This one, with the accent, can you understand her clearly?" Apparently he had the hardest time understanding what I said and we could not stop laughing. The other sisters assured him that I was speaking just the same as they were. We still haven't figured out what my accent it....haha  
Being able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to assist in the work of salvation is a huge tender mercy!
 
Gahanna trio
 The biggest tender mercy we experienced this week was when we got our transfer calls and we were informed that Sister Tobler and I will be staying together!!!! We were so surprised and oh so happy! She has become one of my best friends and I love her dearly. I can tell that this transfer is going to be amazing!

I am always amazed by how merciful the Lord is. He manifests His love for us to often in the simplest of ways. I share the feelings that Jared and His family experience in the Book of Mormon when it says that "they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them." I pray that you each will take the time to look around and appreciate the tender mercies that the Lord is continually pouring over you, because an attitude of gratitude brings more joy to life than anything else.

Love you all! Just keep smiling!
 
Crazy Weather!!