While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I Am A Disciple Of Jesus Christ



This week was so exciting! We did a lot of walking in the rain, we have had some amazing lessons, we have spent a lot of time with one of our amazing investigators and her fun family, we got pulled over by the police (don't worry, he was just letting me know that I accidentally turned off my tail lights...), and we had another tornado warning (that makes 3 total on my mission) we experienced all four seasons in one week (not even joking), rode our bikes a lot, and we got to celebrate Easter! AND we had the opportunity to hear the words of Christ's modern day prophets and apostles! It has been a good time :)


What I want to talk about mostly is that last one. I just think it is so amazing that God loves us enough in our day to have called a prophet. He wants us to have current, easy to understand instruction on how to follow Christ and be happy in this life, and a living prophet is the most direct way we can receive that. 
To sum up the whole conference (a total of 10 hours of inspired words and counsel directly from God for us) we all received instruction on what it means to be a disciple of Christ, and the encouragement and exportation to go and do.
We learned a lot about love, the important of ministering to the one, forgiveness, meekness, the power that comes from understanding that we are a child of God, and how to better follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Following Christ is something inseparably connected to our pursuit of true happiness in our lives, so I am grateful for the constant direction on how to do that more effectively.

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life" (3 Nephi 5:13) 
I think one of the greatest lessons for my life that I am learning while on my mission is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am also grateful to know that even though this commission to declare his word is specifically for me as a missionary, that it doesn't have to stop there. I can continue to help those around me keep their sights on everlasting life. And that is all of our responsibilities as Christ's disciples, because that is what He would do if He were here. We can know a lot about Jesus Christ, but what matters most is that we are continually coming to know Him. How we do that is through very small but eternally significant choices, it comes down to every moment striving to be a little more like Him in our every day actions. 
I am so grateful for my Savior, and especially for His eternal sacrifice that we had the special opportunity to remember and reverence this weekend. Because of Him the ability to change is possible; we can heed to His plea to become perfect even as he is perfect by allowing Him to help us make our daily decisions.

I love you all! Just keep smiling!