While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The MTC is the place for me!

I have arrived at the MTC! The greatest feeling ever was having my tag put on. I look around at all these missionaries and it's the coolest thing ever, and what's even more exciting is when I remember I'm one too! It's taken a bit of adjusting, especially trying not to call everyone "guys" or say "dude" every other word. Anywho, I have the coolest district ever! Everyone is super nice and we mesh together very well.

My companion is the amazing Sister Garza and she is wonderful! We are very different people so I was worried at first, but we compliment each other very well! It was crazy because on the second day we were already teaching, I was pretty nervous. But let me tell you, I've been getting a lot of practice since then. Currently, Sister Garza and I are teaching three people which is awesome! It is wonderful getting to study and plan for specific people.

I have been learning so much in the short time I've been here. We're doing some awesome things with role playing and teaching each other. I think my favorite exercise though was when our teacher had us give the first discussion in three minutes. I thought she was crazy, but we did it. Then she told us our limit was one minute, and we finished with a time limit of thirty seconds! It seemed crazy, but we did it and it really made us focus on the key points and the real purpose of our lesson. Which really, out purpose in any lesson is to bring others unto Christ. I love teaching!

I absolutely love all the conferences and devotionals! Sunday was absolutely filled with wonderful things from sacrament meeting, missionary conference, our temple walk, the devotional, and an amazing talk we watched that evening called The Character of Christ. Favorite message of the Mission conference: "The joy we experience in this life will be in direct proportion to how well our lives are centered on the teachings, example, and atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ." That could not be more true. I have never been happier than I am right now studying and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. A huge theme of the Character of Christ film was to turn towards others when our natural tendency would be to turn in. That's really something we talk about every day because all we really need to do is love selflessly and everything else will fall into place. I realize I just said "all we need to do" but it's hard and it's something I'm making a conscious effort to be better at everyday. 

I know I keep saying how amazing everyhting is, but it is so hard. We are exhausted all the time and don't know what the people we're teaching need, and companions are hard sometimes. The past two day's were the most stressful of my life. There were a lot of issues within our district but through a lot of prayer we have worked through it and are stronger for it. Sister Garza and I have definitely grown because of it. The last lesson we had I knew without a doubt that for the first time we were teaching by the spirit together! It was such an amazing feeling!

Things are great and I can't wait for more! I would like to leave you all with one thought: "If a testimony is knowing something to be true, conversion is being true to what you know." If you don't have a testimony of your own I would encourage you to get one, if you have a testimony remember that it's not worth anything unless you act on it.

All my love,
Sister Lynch



Sister Garza and I


My District: Elder Meservy, Elder Flores, Elder Burnett, Elder Wiest, Sister Garza, Sister Smith, Sister Holt, Sister Nielson, Sister Hansen, Me.


Our classroom (where we live)


Sister Hansen (who I met through facebook and filnally got to meet! And even better, we live together!) and I doing laundry