While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

For God so Loved the World

This week has been FANTASTIC...lcy cold. As I write this, it is 1 degree outside. Crazy! Mornings are definitely hardest but we are still seeing miracles! We have been able to miraculously see Investigators who have been hard to contact. Thankfully quite a few people have let us inside and we have been able to have awesome spur of the moment lessons. It has been great!

This week we had the really neat experience to help a little with a live nativity. A family in a neighboring ward puts in on, and a country store that is basically a barn lets them use their building and it turned out great! There were lots of animals and we got to help kids dress up as shepherds as they came in (that was so much fun!) and there were musical groups every night. It was so cool and there was a very special spirit there. One of the nights they had wanted a missionary choir and we really wanted to do it! We tried and no one was really helping getting it organized. But we had already promised, so Sister Holdaway and I and two companionships of Elders sang. By the time it was our turn everyone had pretty much cleared out, but we sang in the loft of the barn for the cow and the sheep. There was a very special spirit that accompanied us that night. I can't think of anything to honor the Savior more than singing hymns of praise to his birth in a humble setting such as that. It was amazing.
 
 
Something we are focusing on as a district is finding through members, to do this we decided we would focus on teaching families about the Restoration which is usually the first thing we teach to our investigators. When we were given this challenge, Elder Bagley, our district leader, promised it would produce some incredible experiences and that is definitely true. Those lessons, with people already members of the church, have become some of my most treasured memories as. We have taught quite a few of these lessons now, but one of my favorites has been with the Villers. I have talked about them a bit, but they are some of my favorite people. It was actually a little difficult to get through the lesson, we were all getting a bit choked up. Sister Holdaway was trying to share Joseph Smith's experience and the vision he saw and asked me to finish for her, but I had just as hard of a time. There are very few times that I have felt the amount of peace that I did sitting in their living room that day, and I cannot deny that those feelings came because of the intense spirit present there.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! It was a special day indeed and I had a wonderful holiday spent with families in my ward. They have all become my family and made it feel like home which I am grateful for.
I am grateful for this time that we have to focus on our Savior Jesus Christ. Something I have been pondering on lately is the fact that without Christ's life and the Atonement that He performed for each of us, there would be no reason to celebrate His birth. He would have been just another baby if He were not the  Savior of the world.
 
Merry Christmas!

Skyping the fam

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I love you all, I hope you have a wonderful week and a Happy New Year! 
Just keep smiling!