While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Called to the Work


It finally happened! After the two and a half weeks that felt like eternity my mission call came on Saturday September 17th! I waited until the next evening, another eternity, to open it. Many family members and friends gathered in person and through the amazing technology now available to us to witness the announcement of the next big event in my life.

"Dear Sister Lynch,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Ohio Columbus Mission. It is anticipates that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 1, 2017. You will prepare to teach the gospel in the English language."

I have never felt so much joy and I know that the Lord needs me in Ohio. There is no doubt in my mind that this call is for me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission, to be a representative of my Savior. Yes I am scared, but I'm not worried because I know that through the Lord I can do all things.