While on my mission I can be contacted at ashley.lynch@myldsmail.net

Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2018

I Love Being A Missionary!!!

This week was so great! We were incredibly busy and it was wonderful! We had three exchanges this last week, plus our missionary leadership council which are both things I love about being a Sister Training Leader! So it was a week full of learning and the spirit!

I'm going to start off with some pretty sad news though. Sister Clark will be transferred :( she has become one of my best friends, and I am so grateful that God knew I need her in my life. She is such a special person, so strong, loving, big hearted, funny, nurturing, and just a beautiful person. She has such a strong testimony and is a light to everyone who has the pleasure of interacting with her. She is going to do amazing things wherever she goes, I am sure going to miss her a lot though!
 

Probably the highlight of the week though was this Monday evening, we just saw so many miracles! We were out a little ways in the country and Sister Clark noticed a place on the map she had never seen before and we felt like we should go. When we get there and got our of our car,  a man was yelling at us from his porch trying to figure out who we were and where we were going. I'd be a little concerned too if two strangers were parked out front on a street that probably doesn't get many visitors. We explained and went on our way. The first person we talked to had met missionaries before and gladly asked us back for a lesson, it was awesome! Then we met his neighbor who was excited to "blow our minds." She told us all about how she has relatives who are members of the church, and her family goes way back. She even named her kids after figures in early church history. She was excited to tell us that she has a Book of Mormon and what she knows about the church. She wasn't interested in learning more right now, but I know our interaction was a very positive one and maybe down the road something will come out if it. 
As we were walking to our car Sister Clark had the impression to knock on the door of the man who yelled at us from his porch. Talk about awkward. But we did it and it turned out to be such a cool experience! He was so nice, and hilarious. He let us know that we have him quite a fright and he actually pulled a gun on us when he was yelling at us, pretty sure he was serious. But he let us right in and we were able to talk with him and his whole family! A FAMILY! It was so awesome! His daughter was excited to show us her children's Bible and was very interested in listening as well as we taught them the Restoration. It was such a sweet experience!

I love being a missionary! I love having the opportunity to teach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone we meet, to help people know who they truly are, and unite families. Everyday I think "Wow! How great is my calling!" I am so grateful that I have been placed here and given so many wonderful opportunities to share my testimony. I am even more grateful to know that those opportunities will never cease, no matter where I am in life. 

I love you all! Never be afraid to open your mouth, and just keep smiling!